"We are born naked and the rest is drag" -Ru Paul.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Got Wood?

Oxwood, that is. The Oxwood Inn in Van Nuys is the Saturday night club here in So Cal. I prefer Cobra and the Palms, but I still like the Oxwood and will end up there now and then. Its located at the corner of Oxnard and Woodman Streets, so its name is from that fact and has nothing to do with a bovine erection. Its a homey, if not homely dive bar with a friendly, eclectic crowd. I'm told its the oldest lesbian bar in the Valley, but I'd never ask any women her age, let alone a geriatric one :)

Here is a pic of me and another pic of me with my friend Aubry from a recent Saturday night there. She is really nice and super talented and performs at Cobra as Shakira. I think you can see why.

FK

No comments:

Post a Comment